If you're nuts about nuts.... well, then go nuts!
You've got the perfect excuse: It's National Almond Day.
A few fun facts about almonds from Foodimentary:
- The ancient nut is mentioned several times in both the New and Old Testament as symbols of divine approval.
- While roasted almonds are delicious, don't eat them raw -- the prussic acid in them can kill you if you eat more than a handful.
- In fact...you can tell if someone has been poisoned with cyanide if they smell like roasted almonds.
- Almonds have you covered if you've got a sweet tooth -- they're one of the primary ingredients in marzipan.
- And why not wash that goodness down with a tall glass of almond milk?
- It's not just a name -- it really is made from almonds!