National Health Center Week raises awareness for America's community health centers
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (KOKH) This week, August 12-18, is National Health Center Week (NHCW).
It's an opportunity to raise awareness about the work and achievements of America’s Community Health Centers.
Across the U.S., Health Centers serve 27 million patients, including over 220,000 Oklahomans.
Community Health Centers produce innovative solutions to the most pressing health care issues in their communities and reach beyond the walls of conventional medicine to address the social determinants of health affecting special patient populations
This week Community Health Centers of Oklahoma will dedicate a day with a particular focus:
- Monday, 8/13: Honoring Health Center Heroes
- Tuesday, 8/14: Public Housing Health Centers Day
- Wednesday, 8/15: Healthcare for the Homeless Day
- Thursday, 8/16: Agricultural Worker Health Day
- Friday, 8/17: Patient Appreciation Day
- Saturday, 8/18: Children’s Health Day
For more information on Community Health Centers and NHCW, visit www.communityhealthok.org