Mowing accident lands man in the hospital after charged guide wire shocks him
TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) —
Firefighters say a man is in the hospital after a mowing accident in Tulsa.
Crews responded around 11:15 a.m. to the incident near 23rd and Sheridan. Authorities say a man was on a mower when he hit a guide wire and got it tangled in the mower. Somehow, the line touched a transformer and became charged, shocking the man.
The shock blew off part of one of the man's hands, according to the Fire Department. Firefighters say the man was semi-conscious when he was taken to the hospital.