Tasty Tuesday: potato salad
Looking to take a healthy dish to a barbecue this summer?
Shelby Cashman has your back with how to make a potato salad that tastes great and is great for you in today's Tasty Tuesday.
Roasted Poblano, Corn and Potato Salad
• 2 pounds medium red-skinned potatoes (about 6)
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 ears corn, husks removed
• 2 poblano chiles, charred, peeled, stemmed, seeded and chopped (see Cook's Note)
• 1 cup chopped scallions (white and pale green parts only; about 5 scallions)
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Add the corn and grill, turning onto all sides, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
Halve the potatoes and put them in a large bowl. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the corn kernels off of the cobs and add to the bowl. Add the poblano chiles, scallions, sour cream, mayonnaise and cilantro and mix gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve. (The potato salad can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.)