Tasty Tuesday: Avocado Black Bean Enchiladas
Servings: 5 (2 enchiladas per serving)
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
• 2 large avocados, diced
• 1 (15.5 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, drained & rinsed
• 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
• 1 large red bell pepper, diced
• 1 medium jalapeño, finely diced
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
• 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce
• 10 corn tortillas
• 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine avocados, black beans, 3/4 cup cheese, peppers, cumin & chipotle powder. Toss to combine.
3. In a large casserole dish, pour half of the enchilada sauce. Spoon avocado mixture into the center of tortilla. Roll it up & place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat for all tortillas. Top with remaining enchilada sauce & cheese. Reserve leftover avocado mixture for garnish.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted & sauce is bubbling.
5. To serve, top with yogurt, cilantro, leftover avocado mixture.
Tip: Use a plastic zip-close bag to top yogurt in a decorative way!