KOKH/FOX 25 CARES
ONLINE NOMINATION OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: FOX 25 Cares
Station: KOKH, LLC dba KOKH
Station Address: 1228 E Wilshire Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Contest Area: Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Cleveland, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Hughes, Kay, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, Major, McClain, Murray, Noble, Oklahoma, Pawnee, Payne, Pottawatomie, Roger Mills, Seminole, Washita, Woods and Woodward
Sponsor: Parrish-Devaughn Law Firm
Prize Provider: Parrish-Devaughn Law Firm
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18) and older
Contest Period: January 16, 2017 through December 31, 2017
Entries Due: 11:59PM CT on the following Fridays during the Contest Period: January 20, 2017, February 3, 2017, February 17, 2017, March 3, 2017, March 17, 2017, March 31, 2017, April 14, 2017, April 28, 2017, May 12, 2017, May 26, 2017, June 9, 2017, June 23, 2017, July 7, 2017, July 21, 2017, August 4, 2017, August 18, 2017, September 1, 2017, September 15, 2017, September 29, 2017, October 13, 2017, October 27, 2017, November 10, 2017, November 24, 2017, December 8, 2017, and December 22, 2017
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per IP address; however, a nominee may be nominated by multiple entrants. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next Drawing Date.
Nomination Topic: Nominate a deserving non-profit/charitable organization formed under Oklahoma state or federal laws that serves the Contest Area.
Judging Criteria: Need (50%), Compelling nature of story (30%) and Number of nominations non-profit/charitable organization receives (20%)
Total Number of Winners: Ten (10)
Winner Determination Dates: The following Sundays during the Contest Period: January 22, 2017, February 5, 2017, February 19, 2017, March 5, 2017, March 19, 2017, April 2, 2017, April 16, 2017, April 30, 2017, May 14, 2017, May 28, 2017, June 11, 2017, June 25, 2017, July 9, 2017, July 23, 2017, August 6, 2017, August 20, 2017, September 3, 2017, September 17, 2017, October 1, 2017, October 15, 2017, October 29, 2017, November 12, 2017, November 26, 2017, December 10, 2017, December 24, 2017
Prizes and Values: Each selected winning non-profit/charitable organization will receive one (1) $500 donation in the form of a check from Parrish-Devaughn Law Firm. Total approximate retail value of each prize is $500.00.
Station’s Website: www.okcfox.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: www.okcfox.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
1. To enter, log on to the Station’s Website and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, name of nominee, address of nominee, describe why the nominee submitted for the Nomination Topic should win and click submit.
2. By entering, entrants agree that the nominee, not the entrant, is eligible to win the prize. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries/How to Win
1. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria for the Nomination Topic. On the Winner Determination Date(s), the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest score(s) based on the criteria set forth above.
2. A non-profit/charitable organization may only win once during the Contest Period. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next Drawing Date. The Station reserves the right to not select a winner or cancel this contest in the event that the Station does not receive sufficient entries for judging.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility and reside in the Contest Area. Nominees must be non-profit/charitable organizations formed under Oklahoma state or federal law that serve the Contest Area and meet the criteria of the Nomination Topic.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee. Only one winner per household.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per charity/organization. Entrants, or nominee winners, are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants (and by accepting the prize, nominee winners) agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants (and nominee winners) further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s (or nominee’s) name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.