KOKH GROCERY GIVEAWAY
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS CONTEST RULES
Contest: KOKH Grocery Giveaway
Station: KOKH, LLC dba KOKH-TV
Station Address: KOKH, 1228 E Wilshire Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Contest Area: Oklahoma Counties: Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Cleveland, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Hughes, Kay, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, Major, McClain, Murray, Noble, Oklahoma, Pawnee, Payne, Pottawatomie, Roger Mills, Seminole, Washita, Woods and Woodward.
Sponsor(s): Smart Saver Grocery Stores, Inc.
Prize Provider(s): Smart Saver Grocery Stores, Inc.
Age of Eligibility: Twenty-One (21)
Contest Period: May 4, 2017 to May 30, 2017
Entries Due: Entrants must enter the Smart Saver Grocery Store (within the Contest Area) at the time KOKH Station personnel visit the store to perform the Giveaway (during the Contest Period). The Smart Saver Grocery Store location, date, and time of the Giveaway will be determined at the discretion of the Station and will not be revealed in advance.
Entry is unlimited.
Winner Selection Dates: Ten (10) dates selected at the discretion of the Station, but not revealed in advance.
Number of Winners on each Winner Selection Dates: One (1)
Total Number of Winners for the Contest Period: Ten (10)
Prize and Value: Up to $500 in groceries from a participating Smart Saver Grocery Store, excluding alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, prescriptions and gift cards. Prize must be redeemed at the time entrant is selected as a winner. Each winner must sign an appearance release and agree to appear on a contest-related segment which may air during the Station’s newscast. Total approximate value of prize is not more than $500.
Station’s Website: www.okcfox.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: www.okcfox.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of people entering the selected store location at the time Station personnel visit said location to conduct the Contest.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility and enter the Station-selected grocery store location on the Winner Selection Date.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, the Station-selected grocery store and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
How to Enter and Win
1. From time to time during the Contest Period, Station personnel will visit a Station-selected Smart Saver Grocery Store within the Contest Area during regular business hours. The Smart Saver Grocery Store location and Winner Selection Date(s) will be determined at the discretion of the Station and will not be revealed in advance.
2. Participants will only be able to enter this Contest if they happen to enter the Station-selected Smart Saver Grocery Store on the Winner Selection Date, when Station personnel visit the store to conduct the Contest. The Smart Saver Grocery Store location and Winner Selection Date will not be revealed in advance. The Number of Winners on each Winner Selection Date will be selected by random selection from among entrants entering the Station-selected Smart Saver Grocery Store.
3. As a condition of being selected as a winner, each winner must sign an appearance release and agree to appear on a contest-related segment which may air during the Station’s newscast. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Whether or not the segment actually airs as well as the date, time, nature and extent of the segment remains at the sole and absolute discretion of the Station.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
2. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
3. Each winner will be notified in person upon being selected as a winner. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received at the time winner claims his/her prize. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
4. If a winner does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility upon being selected as a winner, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, which shall be determined in the same manner as the disqualified winner. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
5. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
6. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
7. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
8. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
10. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
11. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.