Voting opens for 2018 NBA All-Star Game
OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) —
Now's your chance to send your favorite (Thunder) players to the 2018 NBA All-Star game.
Fan voting for the exhibition contest officially opens Tuesday, Dec. 26 and there's a number of ways fans can vote each day:
- FACEBOOK: Using their personal Facebook account, fans can vote for any player by posting a status that includes the player’s first and last name and the hashtag #NBAVote.
- TWITTER: Fans can vote by tweeting the first and last name or the Twitter handle of any player, plus the hashtag #NBAVote, from any public Twitter account. Retweets and replies also count as votes, as long as a player’s first and last name or Twitter handle and #NBAVote are in the text.
- WEB/APP: Fans can also submit a Facebook or Twitter vote for any Thunder player through okcthunder.com/vote and the Thunder Mobile App. Direct voting is available using the ballot on NBA.com/vote and on the NBA App.
- GOOGLE: Fans can vote by searching “Thunder NBA Vote” on Google and then selecting the player they would like to vote for.
- AMAZON ALEXA: Before voting for the first time, fans can ask Alexa, “Alexa, enable NBA All-Star.” After that, fans can vote daily by asking Alexa, “Alexa, ask NBA All-Star to vote for [player first and last name].”
Fans can vote up to 10 times per day on each platform and once daily for each player. New this year, the NBA is allowing five "2-for-1 Days", making fan votes through the NBA App and NBA.com count twice. Those dates are Dec. 31, Jan. 4, Jan. 11, Jan. 12 and Jan. 15.
Thunder players are no strangers to taking part in the annual contest. Russell Westbrook has been named an NBA All-Star six times in his career, while Paul George has made four appearances in the game. Carmelo Anthony leads all Oklahoma City players with 10 All-Star appearances. While they haven't been selected to the All-Star game, Steven Adams and Alex Abrines have both taken part in All-Star Weekend activities.
The 2018 All-Star game will be played in Los Angeles on Feb. 18.