Storm Shelter Giveaway Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the KOKH/KOCB viewing area within a 100 mile radius of Oklahoma City, are existing users of Facebook.com, and can provide proof of ownership of their property. Entrants must meet property qualifications as set forth by the following website address: http://www.biggsstormshelters.com/installation.html
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KOKH, LLC, which owns television broadcast station KOKH-TV, and KOCB, Inc., which owns television broadcast station KOCB-TV (hereafter, KOKH, LLC and KOCB, Inc. shall be referred to collectively as the “Station”), Biggs Backhoe & Trucking, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household will be selected.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Contestants may only enter once per IP address during the contest period.
(b) To enter, visit the FOX 25 Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/foxokc and look for the “Fox 25 Insider” tab. Click the “Like” icon to be directed to the online entry form. Complete the online entry form, located on the Facebook tab, with your name, age, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date, and submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted..
(c) The contest starts on February 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59pm CT on February 26, 2013. CT. Station is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer or electronic malfunction.
(d) One (1) grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on February 27, 2013, and announced at approximately 8:45am CT during the FOX 25 Morning News.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1) in-ground, slope front storm shelter, 6 feet wide by 8 feet long by 6 feet 2 inches in height, installed on their property.. The grand prize is valued at three thousand dollars ($3,000). Delivery and basic installation is included. The prize is provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose.
2. The winner will be notified on-air and by phone. The winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within ten (10) days of notification. The winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within seven (7) days, or does not timely return the affidavit of eligibility, the prize will be forfeited. Failure to collect the prize and arrange installation within seven (7) days of notification will constitute forfeiture of the prize, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. The winner must also hold legal title to the property on which the shelter will be constructed, provide evidence of such legal title to such property, and provide optimal access for heavy equipment to the site of construction.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 60 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. KOKH, LLC, KOCB, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. KOKH, LLC, KOCB, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Biggs Backhoe & Trucking, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that KOKH, LLC, KOCB, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 1228 E. Wilshire Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73111 and on the Station’s website at www.okcfox.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Prize Winners, KOKH/KOCB, 1228 E. Wilshire Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73111 by March 31, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KOKH, LLC, KOCB, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, Buddy Media, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., and Biggs Backhoe & Trucking, Inc., accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.