Tasty Tuesday: Turkey Breakfast Bake
Estimated Time: 40 min
• Non-stick cooking spray
• 1 lb 93/7 lean ground turkey
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp chipotle powder
• 6 large eggs
• 2 cups frozen diced potatoes with peppers & onions, thawed (potatoes o'brien)
• 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
• 2 cups fresh spinach
• 1 1/2 cups fiesta blend cheese, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a large glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray & set aside.
2. In a large skillet, add turkey, garlic, cumin, & chipotle powder. Cook 5-7 minutes, crumbling meat, stirring occasionally until turkey is cooked through.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs until combined thoroughly. Add turkey mix, potatoes, cottage cheese, spinach & 1 cup cheese. Mix well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish & spread evenly.
4. Top casserole with reserved cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked through & golden brown on top.
5. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting in squares.