Tasty Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash Mac
Estimated Time: 25 min
• 1 medium spaghetti squash
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
• 1 (8 oz) carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 2 tsp chipotle pepper powder
• 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
• 1 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
• 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In a microwave safe baking dish, add 1 inch of water. Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds & poke holes on both sides of squash using a fork. Place it face down in dish. Microwave squash 10 minutes or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil & garlic over medium-high. Add chicken & cook 5-7 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
3. Add mushrooms, broccoli & chipotle powder. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Slowly stir in milk, flour & cheeses until smooth. Remove from heat.
5. Caution squash may be hot. Using a fork, scrape flesh of squash into a large bowl. Add skillet contents to spaghetti squash & mix well. Serve immediately.
Tip: Spaghetti squash is a delicious substitute for pasta in most recipes!