Tasty Tuesday: Layer Dip
• 3 medium tomatoes, diced
• 1 small yellow onion, diced
• 2 jalapeños, finely diced
• 1 cup fresh minced cilantro, divided
• 2 limes, juiced, divided
• 2 ripe avocadoes, diced
• 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, drained & rinsed
• 2 Tbsp water
• 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
• 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeños & half of the cilantro. Stir in juice of one lime. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mash together avocadoes, remaining cilantro & lime juice.
3. In a square casserole dish, add beans & water. Mash with a fork to make a slightly chunky layer of beans. Sprinkle cheese over beans. Evenly spread avocado mixture. Layer yogurt on top. Spoon tomato mixture over top.
4. Serve immediately with multi-grain tortillas chips.
Tip: Serve any extra tomato mixture as pico de gallo!