Special election set to fill Oklahoma House District 51 seat


A special election has been ordered to replace an Oklahoma state representative that resigned after taking a position in the federal government.

Governor Mary Fallin ordered the election to replace State Rep. Scott Biggs in District 51. The filing period for the election will run Nov. 13, 14 and 15. The primary election will be held Jan. 9 with the general scheduled for March 6.

If no primary is necessary, the general election will be held Jan. 9.

Biggs resigned from the seat Nov. 2 after agreeing to accept a federal appointment. District 51 covers areas of Grady, Stephens and McClain counties.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off