Oklahoma fires: Where to get help

An Oklahoma Congressman and the USDA have released a list of resources for those impacted by the northwest Oklahoma fires.

Congressman Frank Lucas released the list Thursday saying that his "thoughts and prayers are with those impacted by these deadly and destructive wildfires". Over 800,000 acres have been burned in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas during the fires. The fires have also claimed the lives of several people, destroyed multiple homes and structures and killed livestock.

"My team and I are continuing to monitor the situation on the ground and are working with officials at the federal and state level to determine which assistance programs are available to those in the affected areas." Lucas said.

Lucas reports that those interested in donating hay or trucking services can contact the Harper County Extension Office at 580-735-2252 or Buffalo Feeders at 580-727-5530.

Several other organizations have come forward to assist those impacted. On Tuesday, Governor Mary Fallin issued a state of emergency for 22 counties due to the fires.

Read the USDA assistance report below:

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off