Oklahoma City student's rules for Christmas gift go viral
An Oklahoma City student's rules for a Christmas present have gone viral.
Ashley Davison made her boyfriend sign a contract before giving him the new Call of Duty Xbox game. He posted his response on social media, and it’s been shared by thousands of people.
“This has never happened to us before,” said Blake Perry. “We didn’t expect it.”
Davison, a student at the University of Central Oklahoma, wanted to play a joke on Perry with his Christmas gift this year, so she created a list of five rules for Perry to follow if he wanted to get the gift.
- If I call you must pause game and talk to me with full attention.
- No starting another match if we are planning to hangout or I ask to hangout.
- You must ask if it is okay for you to play while I am over at your house with you. Make sure I have something to do while you are in battle.
- You must reply to a text no longer than 11 minutes.
- Do not forget to give me just as much attention.
Perry had to sign the contract before getting to play his new game. He posted it on Twitter to show their friends, and it spread like wildfire.
“Six million people have looked at it, said something, commented or liked it,” said Davison. “So that’s pretty crazy to us.”
Going viral has been fun, and Davison hasn’t held Perry to the terms of the contract.
“I’m pretty sure I broke it the very first day I played it,” he said.
Now the pair has a new resolution for 2018 – create another viral post in the new year.
“I hope so,” Perry said. “This was kind of fun.”
Both of them will be going back to school in the coming weeks, but they say this unexpected bit of internet fame has been a fun way to spend winter break.