MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

OKCFD: Unattended candle leads to metro porch fire

OKCFD crews battle house fire near NW 32nd and Shartel. (KOKH)

Oklahoma City fire crews have put out an early morning fire.

Fire crews responded to the scene near NW 32nd and Shartel Wednesday morning and found the home's porch engulfed in flames.

Crews were able to contain most of the fire to the porch and limit the damage inside the home.

Right now, investigators say the man living in the home left a candle burning on the porch that sparked the fire. The man and his dog were already out of the home when fire crews arrived on-scene.

Officials believe the fire did around $20,000 in damage.

Trending