MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Bixby football players plead not guilty in rape case

Colton Cable, William Thomas, Samuel Lakin and Joe Wood (left to right) all face second-degree rape charges stemming from a reported sexual assault at the home of former Bixby superintendent Kyle Wood in September 2017. (KTUL)

Four Bixby football players accused of raping a fellow teammate have pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Samuel Lakin, William Thomas, Colton Cable and Joe Wood all face second-degree rape charges stemming from a reported sexual assault at the home of former Bixby superintendent Kyle Wood in September 2017. Court documents show that the teenagers are accused of raping another boy with a pool stick during the gathering.

RELATED | Exclusive: Emails show Bixby football players participated in 'burn party'

Investigators are also looking into whether Bixby school officials delayed reporting the incident and later tried to cover it up.

A second investigation has been opened into another reported sexual assault that occurred at a similar gathering in 2016.

RELATED | Bixby community says sexual assault charges may not be enough

Defense attorneys have argued that the reported incident was "roughhousing," not rape. Attorney Clark Brewster said during a press conference last week that these types of acts could have been going on for a decade.

A preliminary hearing for all four teenagers has been set for April 17.

This story will be updated.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending