Tasty Tuesday: Banana Poppy Seed Muffins
Banana Poppy seed Muffins
2 c Bakery mix, low fat
1/3 c Sugar
2 T Poppy seeds
1 c Yogurt, vanilla, low fat
2 Bananas, medium, mashed
2 Egg whites
1 t Vanilla
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. SPRAY a 12–cup muffin tin with nonstick spray and SET aside.
2. In a medium bowl, COMBINE bakery mix, sugar and poppy seeds.
3. In a large bowl, COMBINE yogurt, bananas, egg whites and vanilla.
4. ADD dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and MIX until batter is moistened.
5. PLACE a heaping 1/4 c muffin mixture into each muffin cup and BAKE for 20-23 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. ALLOW to COOL for 10 minutes.
Makes 12 Muffins
Nutrition Information: 140 calories, 2 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol,
330 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein