Take It Off Oklahoma - The Importance of Social Support
"Take It Off" Tuesday " is all part of our three- month journey "Take It Off Oklahoma" weight-loss challenge. It's all about helping Oklahomans lose weight. We couldn't do it without the help from our partner, the OKC-County Health Department.
Jennifer Like from the OKC-County Health Department shares some tips on keeping that weight loss going and a big part of it is having the social support to do it. Some ideas Jennifer suggests are:
Set time aside each day for stress-relieving activities:
- Be physically active.
- Pamper without food.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Disconnect- put the phone down, turn off the computer or television.
- Take charge of my time- make a schedule only including things that you can
- Realistically complete in one day.
- Recognize that perfection does not exist.
Finding pleasure can:
- Boost self-esteem and attitude.
- Relieve stress and anxiety.
- Help me be more active.
- Contribute to the success of my goals.
- Allow me to enjoy the experience of life.
To find out more about eating healthy, Take It Off Oklahoma, and the Total Wellness Program, visit the OKC-County Health Department at www.occhd.org.