Suspect & victim killed following shooting at Oregon high school

(KATU) Law enforcement say at least two are dead after a shooting at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Oregon.Fox 25's sister station in Portland, KATU, is reporting that a photojournalist on scene reported seeing a LifeFlight helicopter at the school and a large number of police officers were surrounding the building with guns drawn.The shooting was reported around 8:00 AM PT at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, about 12 miles east of Portland, said Sue Strickland of the Troutdale Police Department.Just after 9:00 AM PT, the Mulnomah County Sheriff's Office said the shooter is dead. During a press conference an hour later, law enforcement also said a student was shot and killed.Classes were in session at the time, Strickland said. It wasn't clear how many people were injured, and details about what led to the shooting weren't immediately available.It's unclear if anyone was injured in the shooting."Today is a very tragic day for the city of Troutdale and the Reynolds School District," said Troudale Police Chief Scott Anderson.The names of the shooter and the victim have not been released.Police from multiple agencies responded to a report of an active shooter at Reynolds High School just after 8 a.m. A SWAT team and FBI agents also arrived at the school.A LifeFlight helicopter landed at the school and a large number of police officers were surrounding the building with guns drawn. LifeFlight dispatchers said the helicopter did not take anyone to a hospital and was cleared to leave.At 9:15 a.m., the sheriff's office said the situation had stabilized and the shooter was dead. Tactical teams were evacuating students and staff.Large groups of students were ushered out of the school with their hands behind their heads.The high school is still in lockdown while police clear the building. The school said that process could take up to two hours.Authorities say they're now focusing on reuniting students with their parents.Parents are asked to reunite with their students at the Wood Village Fred Meyer, located at N.E. 223rd and N.E. Glisan Street. All other people are asked to stay away from the area.Counselors were heading to the high school to talk with students.Click here for KATU's live coverage from the scene.