MENU

      Purcell church a total loss after cooking accident

      Photo courtesy of the Purcell Police Department.
      A Purcell church has been declared a total loss following a fire Saturday afternoon. According to Purcell Fire Department Asst. Chief Greg Cypert, emergency crews responded to the fire at St. Peter's Methodist Church around 12:58 p.m. Saturday.Cypert says the church was hosting a fish fry with a cooker on the porch when the porch ceiling caught fire. The fire then spread into the attic spreading to the rest of the building. Fire officials declared the building a total loss. No one was injured during the blaze.
      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER