Oklahoma City fire crews rescue family pet following an early morning house fire
By Kristen / Producer
NE OKLAHOMA CITY — Fire crews say a faulty air conditioning unit may have sparked an early morning house fire in northeast Oklahoma City. Authorities say the fire broke out around 2 a.m. Tuesday on NE 27th near Martin Luther King Ave.According to fire crews, a window air conditioning unit may have started the fire, which then spread to the bedroom. Crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the house. Two people were able to make it out of the home safely, but crews did have to make one important recovery; the family pet. "There was one pet we were able to rescue. We did have to administer oxygen to it, but the dog is fine," says Battalion Chief Thomas Thurm of the Oklahoma City Fire Department. Officials say the fire caused between $7,000 to $10,000 dollars in damages.
KOKH Fox 25 provides, news, sports, weather and local event coverage in Oklahoma City and surrounding areas, including McLoud, Shawnee, Tecumseh, Seminole, Wewoka, Maud, Asher, Wanetted, Goldsby, Norman, Blanchard, Chickasha, Pauls Valley, Purcell, Andarko, Bridgeport, Lawton, Duncan, Okarche, Kingfisher, Guthrie Stillwater and Cushing, Oklahoma.