53
      Monday
      64 / 47
      Tuesday
      70 / 45
      Wednesday
      78 / 50

      Lee Elementary evacuated due to carbon monoxide concerns

      The Oklahoma City Fire Department evacuated a school Monday and six were taken to area hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak at an Oklahoma City elementary school.

      The students at Lee Elementary on SW 29th Street in Oklahoma City were evacuated around 2:45 Monday afternoon after multiple students complained of feeling sick. The fire department confirmed carbon monoxide was found in one classroom of the building.

      Oklahoma Natural Gas and OKCFD determined a HVAC unit was found to be the source of the problem. OKPCS says the unit will be replaced Tuesday. Lee Elementary will not have school tomorrow as the unit is replaced.

      Oklahoma City Public Schools says 13 students went home earlier in the day suffering from vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea. Five students were treated on the scene while another was taken to a local hospital via EMSA. Two other students were transported to the hospital by their parents.

      OKCPS says five staff members were also treated and three were transported to the hospital as well.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER