The interchange of I-44 and I-235 will be getting better soon, but before it gets better, it has to get worse.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation will begin the next phase of progress to the I-44/I-235/Broadway Extension interchange. The project will replace the several ramps on the interchange, which will require lane and ramp closures every day from 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM:
- Westbound I-44 ramp to northbound I-235
- Northbound I-235 ramp to westbound I-44
- The right lane of northbound I-235 between I-44 and NW 63rd Street
- Eastbound I-44 ramp to both directions of I-235 (July 22-27)
- The right lane of eastbound I-44 will be closed between Western Ave. and I-235 throughout the project.
Aside from the overnight closures, the plan is keep the current ramps open throughout the project, allowing traffic to continue flowing during its busiest times: Mornings and late afternoon/early evenings.
The $9 million project is part two of the overall I-44/I-235/Broadway Extension reconstruction.