MENU

      Cigarette sparks house fire in NW Oklahoma City

      A house fire broke out near 10th and Penn Ave in NW Oklahoma City.

      Fire crews were called to the scene around 5:30 a.m. on Friday.

      Crews reported flames coming out the front of the house. Firefighters say a mattress caught on fire when the owner fell asleep with the cigarette. Most of the damage was contained to the front bedroom where the fire started. Authorities say three people were inside at the time, but were all able to make it out safely. EMSA was called to the scene to check a person out, but apparently not for fire-related reasons. The house reportedly did not have electricity at the time of the fire. Watch FOX 25 for the very latest.
      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER