MENU

      3 hurt in Piedmont house fire; Christmas tree thought to blame

      Three people are injured after their home catches fire in Piedmont Monday.

      Crews got the call to a house fire in the 1800 block of Monroe Ave NE around 2:00 Monday afternoon. According to officials at the scene, a firefighter lives next door and came home when he spotted the flames.

      The fire chief says the firefighter called 911 and then tried to help people inside. Crews arrived and pulled three people from the burning home. All three were pulled from the fire and two were taken to the hospital with serious injuries, the other was stabilized. A firefighter was also taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.

      The fire is believed to have been started by a Christmas tree inside the home. It took crews about an hour to knock down the fire. They say the home is a total loss.

      The call came in just one hour after a fire in North Oklahoma City claimed one life. It's the third house fire in the Oklahoma City metro. Fire crews in Edmond say a Christmas tree there may have sparked a fire in their city.


      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER